No SAVE function?
A downloadable game for Windows
“Filcher is engaging, intriguing, immersive and, most importantly, it's smart. It teaches you how to be smart. [...] And for a game about being a master thief, that's everything I could ask for.”
“Filcher is more than just a Thief-like; it offers mechanical refinements to the genre and a clarity of vision that makes for a top notch stealth experience.”
“Filcher’s not that great [...] but I enjoyed it”
It's been a year since Sporey left the Blackburn Gang to make her fortune as a freelance thief. But when her former fence and mentor tracks her down, Sporey is forced back into servitude to settle an old debt. A temporary setback, she thinks. But these days, honour among thieves is wearing thin. Which of her old comrades can Sporey trust?
Filcher is a first-person 2.5D noir stealth game, a lo-fi loveletter to classic immersive sims like Thief and Deus Ex.
- Immersive first-person stealth: Use cover and shadows to stay unseen, tread carefully to stay unheard, and use your eyes and ears to detect enemies, loot and secrets.
- Explore nine lovingly hand-crafted levels, each packed with loot to steal, enemies to outsmart, security systems to bypass, documents to read and secrets to uncover.
- Use your tools to solve problems in creative ways. They include a trusty blackjack, a sleep-dart gun, lockpicks, flashbangs and noisemaking windup toys.
- An intriguing story told through snippets of dialogue, in-game readables, mission briefings and comic book-style cutscenes.
- A score system that rewards stealth and exploration. Replay missions in sneakier ways to earn higher ranks. The ultimate rank, "Ghost", requires you to find all loot and secrets without knocking out any guards or being detected in any way.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 SP1+ or later
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4200M 2.50 GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: Yep
- Additional Notes: Stereo headphones are strongly recommended!
|Release date||Sep 14, 2021|
|Tags||3D, filcher, First-Person, flicher, immersive-sim, immsim, Noir, Singleplayer, Stealth, thief|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Happy October! Here is a somewhat spooky proto-Filcher build from 2017Oct 08, 2022
- 1.0.2 is out!Jul 08, 2022
- Filcher soundtrack available + vote for GOG release!Feb 20, 2022
- 1.0.1k is out!Nov 15, 2021
- 1.0.1j is out!Nov 03, 2021
- 1.0.1i is out!Oct 19, 2021
- 1.0.1h is out!Oct 05, 2021
- Inside at Last podcast, Stealth Docs reviewOct 03, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You can't save during missions, no. It's a divisive design choice, but a deliberate one. I've tried my very best to account for it when designing the systems and levels. Missions are pretty short, especially the early ones, and getting spotted is far from a game over ;)
will have a special place in my heart, fantastic take on thief in 2.5D. perfect vibes to get in the mood for gloomwood. 10 bucks well deserved. can recommend whoever wants a decent shadow/light system and smack some guards purist style.
Looks great, I love Thief, so I'm looking forward to checking this out. :D
Fantastic Product, very polished, very stealthy sneaky, very hard!!!